Beauty meets The Beast
After the success of last year’s inaugural tournament, Spitfire Marketing recently ran its second golf day for clients.
The event was held at Hamptworth Golf and Country Club, close to the Hampshire/Wiltshire border. The Club, which is also a Spitfire client, had its corporate identity and website designed and developed by the agency during 2015 and is now a thriving venue for both sports and social events.
After days of dry and bright conditions, the weather wasn’t so kind and overcast skies and then light rain eventually had players reaching for their umbrellas and donning wet weather gear towards the end of their rounds. However, this didn’t dampen enthusiasm as they tackled the picturesque course, which features amongst its many challenges, ‘The Beast’, an infamous 666 yard par 6 hole.
This hole gave the day its 'Beauty and The Beast’ theme as players were introduced to Spitfire’s own beauty, model Natalie Varney, who will be featured on the agency’s new website which will be launched shortly.
The best round of the day came from big hitting Ryan Ellis of Bluedrop Marketing who managed the triple by also picking up the prizes for the Longest Drive and Nearest the Pin competitions. Second place went to Paul Richardson of BoxTop Technologies and in third place Doug Kelly, Managing Director of Bluedrop Services.
Host for the day, Spitfire’s Managing Director, Andy Rose said, “It was a great day to relax in beautiful surroundings, and great company, even if the weather did become a bit of a beast!”.
- NEWS & BLOG
- Beauty meets The Beast
- Join us for a FREE introduction to creativity and innovation event on Friday April 8th 2016
- Spitfire is a the new home for recruitment project
- Spitfire powers membership drive
- Spitfire Marketing Golf Tournament is a 'beast' of a day
- Further expanding talent
- Spitfire on target for Peters & May and Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
- Tom now has designs on a creative career
- BBC South Today interview with Spitfire Marketing on direct marketing techniques to attract voters
- Cycling to work day works for Julian
- Spitfire teams with Basepoint Southampton to offer free marketing clinic
- A strategic signing as Sam joins Spitfire
- It's that time of year again...
- Spitfire supports Prompt Payment Code
- Clearly a great way to launch a new finance business
- Helping Portland Business Support & Advice point their clients to a brighter future
- Spitfire Marketing creates 'The Race of Truth'
- Lucy spreads her wings at Spitfire
- ISIS Technologies appoint Spitfire Marketing
- Marketing professor increases agency firepower
- Proud to support the Leasedrive Big Four Charity Bike Ride
- Matt moves in
- We've moved to bigger offices
- And the winner is...
- Spitfire help drive Leasedrive's online strategy
- New website energised with creative video for Solar Plus
- Peters & May Global Boat Transport appoint Spitfire for online strategy
- The UK Loan Shop appoints Spitfire Marketing
- Responsive businesses need a responsive marketing agency...
- The cost of a brand
- The Rotary charity event gets Spitfires creative support
- Real companies campaign shows the 'real Basepoint'